Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thank You!


With a sweet gift card to Home Depot, we bought these patio chairs. Cute, huh?!
The best part of our back porch goodness? We did not have to pay a dime for that fancy table!

The concrete rectangle that I like to refer to as the "Lanai" has come in handy. I try to make fresh brewed iced tea (better stick with the Crystal Light), and we sit out there as long as we can stand it. The other day was a particularly humid one and my camera lens was fogging up as you can see. Tim's drinking the homemade iced tea--just as proof, that I can do it, and it IS drinkable.
The lanai is especially wonderful in the evenings when the fireflies are out. I have no idea how (or why!?) I used to catch those things. I love watching them. It's kind of like watching a tennis match. There-left. there-right. there. there. up there!

Love the chairs! Thank you!!

4 comments:

Roscopants said...

You guys are on the 1st floor? Do you hate the people above you? We're on the 3rd floor so I'm sure we're hated "poor Dana" and I'm hating the 3 flights of stairs.

I have NEVER even seen a Firefly. Please take a picture. I've heard they're amazing.

Ashleigh said...

Love your new chairs! But even more, I love the lanai! :-) Looks like you two are having a ball. I WISH WE WERE LIVING IN MO TOO! Good luck with the job interview as well!

Love you!

Tim and Faith said...

Sometimes I feel so bad for our upstairs neighbors...I go to bed rather late sometimes, and Tim's up before the sun. They're pretty quiet, but they cook a lot of funny-smelling dishes.

I'll try to get a firefly video- or maybe I can catch and send one to you!

Judy said...

Thanks for sharing the Pictures! So glad you were able to have a visit from Daniel and Sara !!
I'm sure they enjoyed it as well as both of you did !
Your 'Lanai' is extra Special. LOL
Love you both, Aunt Judy