I have figured it out!
We're not even three years into this whole marriage thing, and I'm proud to say, I've figured out the secret to a peaceful, happy, love-filled marriage. You see, it's all about individual bathrooms and sacrifice.
For example, we have two bathrooms in the apartment, so I sacrificed one to Tim. Considering the stress we're under, I'd say we're doing pretty well, and I attribute our newfound happiness to the little john in the back room.
Let me elaborate. Last weekend we took a whirlwind trip South to see Tim's brother and family. We spent a bit of the day on Saturday at Pensacola (aka: jellyfish) Beach. By the time we returned home Monday, Tim was fairly miserable from his multiple jellyfish stings on his feet, calves, knees, elbows...name it. Google suggested a vinegar bath. This is where the second bathroom has saved us. I have a somewhat sensitive gag reflex, and the smell of vinegar is right up there with sulfur. They are both just about too much. Thankfully, he can take his little vinegar bath in the sacrificial bathroom, and the whole place doesn't end up smelling like a bottle of Wish-Bone Salad Dressing. So like I said, its all about sacrifice.
Monday, July 20, 2009
The secret
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm a mean person who has been sharing Tim's jellyfish experience with everyone I know and laughing mercilessly at him for it. Hooray for embracing diversity!
Having shared a bathroom with men for most of my life, I can honestly say that having my very own bathroom again that is mine, and only mine, does bring on a warm and fuzzy feeling.
It's good of you to be so magnanimous as to sacrifice a bathroom to The Hick (did you see what I did there? It's like The Tick, only not). I hope he appreciates it.
Hey kids!
Glad you are laughing a bit through the pain of jellyfish and sharing a bathroom. Maybe adding the human hot dog baseball to the vinegar smell would help?
I sure wish I could wash away the loneliness for you--cling to Jesus and each other.
Much love,
mom h
Post a Comment