Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Public Service Announcement

I wish there was a format option for sarcasm. I've thought about all kinds of options.
Like: would this make it clear? Hmm. I don't like that.

or: WOULD THIS HELP?!?!

I don't like that either, I feel like I'm SHOUTING! EVEN IF I AM, I DON'T WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT!

or: How about this?
Nope. No good.

How about this: If it sounds funny, or exaggerated, there's a good chance it is thick with sarcasm. If you don't pick up on the sarcasm (like now), or you think it doesn't make sense, or maybe it sounds dumb, that's probably it there again. Sneaky, really. Dang! There it is again! Sarcasm is ever present. If it's about God or money, however, it's probably the real deal.

Or maybe, standard formatting in this blog = sarcasm. Perhaps I need only to clarify when I'm NOT kidding (there's that shouting feeling again).

Suggestions? (No, really- if you have some, I want to hear them).

Of course, the updates are about our real life. We want to share with you about the day to day trials and triumphs. To me, it's about the delivery. Enjoy.

P.S. This is Faith writing. (and there it is again)

2 comments:

Tanzosh said...

aww Faith...you are missed :)

Ashleigh said...

Well, I understand it. I love your blog.