Monday, July 27, 2009

The night life

For part of Tim's birthday celebration in June, we went to Six Flags and enjoyed it so much that we upgraded our day passes to season passes. So far, very worth while. It's a very short drive for us, and we' ve gone a few times times. I'm a big fan of the great benefits- like free concerts!

Friday, we saw Toby Mac. I loved hearing him sing some of those old school DC Talk songs. It was great to be around some Christians, too. Can't go wrong with an evening concert in the park.


Clearly- very much enjoying himself



Are you getting tired of this shot yet? I am.



We stayed late for the "Glow in the Park Parade". The kids faces were SO precious! They were absolutely enamored with floats like the "fire-breathing dragon", and a "glowing frog". Seeing their excitement kind of made me want one or seven of my own...until those cute sweaty-headed, ice-cream-stained faces were told that it was time to go home. That did NOT go over very well with the kids near us, and suddenly all longing melted away. Like magic. Moment over.



On Saturday, we spent the day at the Hurricane Harbor (the water park at Six Flags). We did all the fun slides that we missed last time, and then some. I was working on my tan, thinking about my lack of employment. I thought I might apply to work there as a lifeguard. Then I remembered that I don't know how to swim.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Heidi said...

Hey we have ALBUMS of "that shot." LOL

A lot of our honeymoon pictures look like that and now it is what we call our signature shot that we take anywhere we go...us in the middle with a rim of background around us lol.

Sounds like you are guys are settling in!