So, we bought a filing cabinet (wahoo!) and have spent the evening sorting and filing which brought up some stories and memories. I was getting a bit emotional (shocker, I know) and sharing with Tim about how I feel a little bit lonely. Stable, but lonely. Ladies, you'll never find a more validating husband. Tim says, "Honey, you don't just feel lonely. You are lonely--I mean, it's almost like solitary confinement for prisoners. You don't have any friends here, and you don't get out."
Thanks love, for making me laugh!
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Husbands say the darndest things
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Come on out with it, Tim!
That's hilarious!
But we completely understand how you feel. We've been "lonely" for the last year and a half. It's rough leaving all your friends, your church, everything and one that you know and love.
But you have Christ and you have each other. Things will come around.
Im going to have Joe read this, he could use some pointers. All I get is "I know". :)
Sometimes we feel lonely too, Faith, all alone here in Iowa. Leaving great jobs, friends, and family behind in Fairbanks. But, we wouldn't trade our midwest adventure for anything. We're building a marriage and our relationship. Last week I asked Brian how we would look back on our time here in Iowa. He said "fondly." Saint Louis will be the same for you- for sure!
Post a Comment