Sunday, August 30, 2009

August wrap-up

We've been here for almost an entire season! It's starting to feel like home (only no home that I've ever known).

Church:
We went back to a church today, for the 3rd time. It's a great place, and we plan to keep going there. The people are friendly, but just the normal amount of friendly. It's refreshing, really. The church recently hosted Michael Joiner- comedian/actor. I love Christian comedy. There are so many politically incorrect topics in comedy, let alone Christian comedy, but he was had some great material! I offered to write some jokes for him (I wish) because I'm kind of a big fan now. Known by some as "God's Smart Aleck", he was wonderfully sarcastic, and only picked on Tim and me twice! He's set to be the lead actor in the newest film by Sherwood Baptist Church (The creators of Fireproof and Facing the Giants). He's not a regular attender of the church, but we'd still like to call it home anyway.

Work:
Tim's job is going well. If he tells you anything else, you'll know more than me.

Faith is working!! I have a temp job at a local University and I am really enjoying it. I'm praying that it extends longer than the initial assignment as I would love to firm up my employment, and I really enjoy the campus and overall work atmosphere. Now, instead of waiting at home for the phone to ring, I get PAID to do it! AND- I get to talk to other people! I made up for months of limited phone conversations when I made about 150 phone calls the first day! This limits the baking and the blogging time-but such a worth while trade-off, and major answer to prayer!

Coming up:
September promises to be an exciting month. We plan to have family visiting for Labor Day weekend, Faith's best good friend from Florida is coming up for a visit, and Tim will have his first work trip. It will be fun to explore the city with new people! We're hoping to get to one more Cards game before the season ends. Somewhere in there will be an anniversary celebration too!

We miss our friends and family, but love the weather, opportunities, events and adventures God has here for us. It's been an exciting, life changing, learning experience. Thanks for checking in! We'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Roscopants said...

Congrats on the church and job! I also love things that are funny. and furry. Funny and furry. Who's your delicious friend from Florida? I bet she can't wait to get there and spend time with you. I hate to one-up you here but Phil Stacy (reject from American Idol) came to our church. Booyah!

Hope said...

Hey Faith- congrats on the job! Isn't it great to have somewhere to go in the morning? :)

Unknown said...

We miss you like crazy over here at U College! Let's make lunch plans and soon. Maybe we could have a crafty lunch?