Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Remembering


April 17th marked one year since my mother passed away. I can’t believe it’s been an entire year-slash- I can’t believe it’s been ONLY a year. It feels like it happened both yesterday and forever ago.


We tried to make the day meaningful with room for a little more heartache than usual. Saturday, we went to the lavender farm http://lavender.windingbrookestate.com/. Love it, recommend it, can’t wait to go back when the lavender is blooming. In their little shop we found a special candle to light on Sunday.


Sunday we enjoyed Starbucks, picking out a hanging flower basket, and I got a pedicure. I know that’s something my mom would have loved doing together!


After sunset we found the perfect river location near the cobblestone Main Street of Historic St. Charles and set off a couple of sky lanterns. Our pictures don’t capture the moment, but it was a really neat way for us to commemorate one year.





Love you more Mom!

1 comments:

Ashleigh said...

I this is a lovely post. I love the sky lantern, it is beautiful. And I love that you also picked out a hanging basket. I always remember your mom's beautiful flowers outside your home on Cindy drive.