In May, we bought a special, precious rosebush in memory of my mother. Remember it? Green, lush, fragrant...
this one:
this one:

Welp. Her little rosebush has had a rough summer. We've tried everything. I took pictures down to the guy at the nursery, bought his recommended products, followed his tips about watering, feeding, pruning. Talked to my gardening expert sister-in-law, googled the heck out of this plant's issues...followed all applicable advice.
We did everything that we could. I think it barely bounced back from the beetles, then got some fungus, then a few too many days of hot, humid air.
Yes, I blame the elements, and I guess we'll try again next summer...
We did everything that we could. I think it barely bounced back from the beetles, then got some fungus, then a few too many days of hot, humid air.
Yes, I blame the elements, and I guess we'll try again next summer...



1 comments:
That looks like one unhappy rosebush! I would say pathetic, but I would not want to hurt it's feelings any more. Maybe you should sing to it and talk to it and tell it how much you appreciate it. The petunia you first gave me has lasted 3 yrs. longer then expected. I put it outside for the summer and it was pathetic. I brought it in a week ago and talk to it every day. It has "greened" up and given me 2 new flowers!
Post a Comment