Sunday, December 13, 2009

We've decorated our home for Christmas, and are finishing up the Christmas gifts to send to our families. The house smells like cinnamon and cookies while we play Christmas music whenever we get the chance.

Last weekend, we drove through a live nativity. To say we "drove through" sounds like we went driving like maniacs through a barn or something. Really, it was about 4 neighborhood blocks of scenes depicting the Christmas story. We waited in line behind dozens of other cars, then when the 'census' was taken, we turned our headlights off and drove slowly through the neighborhood. The scenes were put on by the youth at a local church, and they braved the cold doing the scenes of the census, Mary and Joseph looking for a place to rest, the wisemen searching, and the shepherds, uh...shepherding. The scenes ended with a beautiful display of baby Jesus in the manger surrounded by donkeys, camels and baby goats.

So taken with the real-life scenes, I snapped only a few pictures with Tim's phone. Of all the Christmas decor, the nativity scene is one of my favorites.






Tim and I received this wonderful, early Christmas gift in the mail. I love the simplicity of these figures.


Some other, favorite decorations. Love them all for very different reasons. 12 days until Christmas!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Tim and Faith said...

how many times can i write 'scene' in one blog post?!

Anonymous said...

Faith,
Do you remember the love Nativity scene in Yemen? Ah... nothing like the smell of camels! Jesus really did come in a humble way, didn't he?
Love you both bunches!!
yermom

Anonymous said...

that's supposed to say live--but I guess love works best anyway :)

Hilary said...

Beautiful! We went to a Nativity in Prescott once put on by a local church called "Walk through Bethlehem." It was pretty cool!

I LOVE your nativity (Willow Tree). I BEGGED Mike to give me this last year, as he says the Willow tree figures give him the creeps, but I like you, love the simplicity about the,. He managed to come up with the courage to buy it for me last year. (I'm still waiting for the rest of the scene).

Looks like fun! Merry Christmas!