The Pioneer Woman
One of my favorite bloggers, The Pioneer Woman, has recently published a cookbook, so she's touring the mid-west and doing book signings. I'm excited to have a signed copy of her book, and even more excited to have met her!! I really was pleased to go for myself, but I got books signed for a few Alaska friends also, and I know they'll love them! I love her recipes and photos and can't wait to try out some new dishes. Also, I love her sense of humor and love of life. She's a middle child. I get her.
Really, I am still grinning, still giddy. She was just as lovely as you'd imagine- if not more so. She's beautiful, sweet, and funny. Confident, cool, and collected. She had Marlboro Man, and her two handsome boys for added entertainment. The fellas were handing out t-shirts after the signing. Tim got there WAY early, and saved me a seat--earning husband of the year award in the process.
As soon as I got off work, I made my way to Christ Church Cathedral downtown. The venue was absolutely gorgeous! She started promptly with a Q&A session for about 45 minutes, then we were at the front of the line to get the books signed. So anxious about FINALLY meeting her, I didn't get a posed photo with her. My handy photographer snapped plenty of other pics during the signing though. If you want to see all of them, check out: http://picasaweb.google.com/faithandtim/20091117ThePioneerWoman?feat=directlink
At least somebody there was cool and confident. I got so excited, I don't remember all the details of our conversation, like that I forgot that I was going to tell her I was born in her state! Maybe it's better that I forgot. I don't think she would have cared so much about that one. Glad there are lots of pics to jog my memory...
cute. cute. cute.
What a gorgeous family
Have you seen a more precious helper?Yeah. I'm pretty much in love
Marlboro Man himself. when he first started hauling those bags into the church, there was giggling, flashing cameras, whispers, *sighs*, and lots of gazing. It felt like a "Wherenberg" preview, only it was 200 women saying, "it'smarlboroman.it'shim.marlboroman".
Gosh, she's funny!
I have a bad feeling that this was my uber sarcastic response when she said, "You've got beautiful skin". I thought I said something about how great it is to live in a place with moisture in the air, compared to the desert which is Alaska, because Fairbanks is technically a desert. What-the-WHAT?!
Unfortunately, it LOOKS like I said something more like, "Yeah, I get that a lot. But, thanks. Just sign, lady." Please tell me that's not what I said. *sigh*

She said that Tim reminded her of Cowboy Matthew. I agree:Unfortunately, it LOOKS like I said something more like, "Yeah, I get that a lot. But, thanks. Just sign, lady." Please tell me that's not what I said. *sigh*

http://thepioneerwoman.com/blog/2009/08/a_tale_of_two_homeboys/
Happy (early) Birthday to me. She welcomed me to "this neck of the woods". NOW, I feel welcome :) I can't wait to get started on these recipes. As a thank you to Tim for saving seats, getting there early, and taking lotsa pics, etc. I told him I'll whip up any meal out of this book. I'll let you know how that goes.

4 comments:
I LOVE IT AND I LOVE YOU!!!! WHAT A GREAT BLOG POST AND I'm SO SO JEALOUS THAT YOU GOT TO MEET HER!! :-)
That was so sweet of Tim for getting you a place in line:-) I love this blog post!
AWESOME! Let me know what your favorites are!
I'm jealous. Now I'm reminded to put her cookbook on my wish list, I'll get right on that. Glad you had such a great time!
I am so happy to "find" you here! I am the lady who sat right in front of your husband! We had the nicest time visiting with him before you got there. Wasn't she just great? My photos did not come out real well, but they will do!
I never knew that your names were Tim & Faith. I am sure you get this all the time, but you know who that reminds me of!
Actually, Tim used to go to church with us even before he was Tim McGraw. He coached my son in church basketball.
Your blog is so nice. I will spend some time looking thru it all.
Post a Comment