Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

"Happy Thanksgiving!"
I can't list all of the reasons I'm thankful today. For as long as I can remember, I have always had plenty to be grateful for. I only wish that I would spend more than Thanksgiving Day reflecting on these things.
Today I've been thinking about some (of the many) things I'm grateful for... my husband and dog; my family and his; our friends, and their families; our health; the food we were able to prepare and share today; making memories; days off work; God's grace and Jesus' love for us. I'm thankful for the countless things I have to be thankful.
Our warmest greetings and thanks to you all!

Today was an enjoyable, relaxing day. We slept in, cooked a few dishes for the Long family feast, and saw "4 Christmases" (Vince Vaughn, Reese Witherspoon); delightful, predictable, funny, and certainly some scenes we could relate to! Somewhat vulgar (seriously- can it NOT be a bit slapstick with Mr. Vaughn?), and maybe a renter. Save your money for "Marley and Me"- I can hardly wait!

Here's an image depicting my ideal Thanksgiving:

...and an image depicting my Thanksgiving dinner reality. I'm offering (strongly suggesting?) to host Christmas Eve dinner

0 comments: